My name is Christophe Lachance-Brais and I love molecules! I get to play with them all day working on DNA hydrogels and small-molecule/DNA supramolecular assemblies. I come from right here, Montréal, a beautiful city of festivals and potholes. I like to ski, climb, and canoe in this beautiful country. Proud owner of a lizard, a snake and a slime mold! firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, my name is Jath. I come from Toronto, Ontario but did my undergrad at McMaster University. I joined the Sleiman lab in 2018. My project focuses on DNA drug delivery and testing of DNA nanostructures in biological systems. Outside of the lab I love music, movies, and travelling.
I hail from Karachi, Pakistan, and am the Sleiman Lab’s resident chai connoisseur. After completing a Bachelor of Science in chemical engineering at Texas A&M in 2017, I joined the Sleiman Lab (co-supervised by Dr. Perepichka) in 2019. My research focuses on sequence-controlled synthesis of conjugated polymers and the self-assembly of DNA-polymer conjugates. In my spare time, I like to work in the lab. because I am a conscientious graduate student!
My name is Fangzhou Zhao and I got my Bachelor degree in Wuhan University. After my internship in Edmonton during my undergraduate, I decided to go back to Canada to continue my PhD study. I like photography, travel, basketball and scuba diving outside the lab.
Hello! I hail from a small town named Lantzville in British Columbia, near which I finished my BSc at the University of Victoria. I joined the Sleiman group in 2019, and my research focuses on the extracellular application of DNA nanotechnology. When not in the lab I enjoy board games, scrapbooking, and cooking new dishes for my friends.
1. Felix Rizzuto (Banting Postdoctoral fellow, 2018-2021) – Current Position: ARC DECRA Fellow at UNSW, Sidney, Australia.
2. Johans Fakhoury (Research Associate, 2010-2018) – Current Position: Director of Strategic Planning and Operations for the Department of Biomedical Engineering, McGill University
3. Empar Vengut Climent (2015-2017) – Current Position: @ScienceFlows group at University of Valencia
4. Mohammed Askari (2015-2017) – Current Position: Research Assistant at Concordia University
5. Amine Garci (January 2016-July 2017) (Swiss National Science Foundation) – Current Position: Postdoctoral fellow, Northwestern University with Prof. Fraser Stoddart
6. Christopher Serpell (2011 –2014): “Interfacing DNA Nanostructures with Synthetic Polymers for Biological and Materials Applications” (Banting Postdoctoral Fellow); – Current Position: Assistant Professor, University of Kent, UK.
7. Ilton Daltro (2011 –2013): “DNA-Mimetic Polymers” (postdoctoral Fellowship, Brazil); – Current Position: Group leader at the Max Planck Intitute für Kohlenforschung in Mulheim (with the team of Dr. Ferdi Schüth).
8. Anita Leitgeb (2012-2013): “Interfacing DNA Nanostructures with Hydrophobic Polymers” (Postdoctoral Fellowship, Austrian Chemical Society); – Current Position: Research Scientist, Mayr Melnhof Karton GmbH, Austria
9. Manoj Nayak (2009-2011) visiting joint postdoctoral fellow from Texas A&M University in Qatar (2 months/year); – Current Position: Assistant Professor and Senior Scientist at the CSIR-Chandigarh.
10. Fiora Rosati (Sept. 2011-2013): “Metal-DNA Nanostructures” (Canadian Government Fellowship); – Current Position: Project Manager (Oncology Products) Menarini Ricerche Pharmaceuticals in Florence, Italy.
11. Kevin Haenni (May 2010-2012): “Biologically enabled ROMP polymers” (postdoctoral fellow, Swiss National Foundation) – Current Position: Lecturer, Morges, Switzerland
12. Andrzej Rys (2007-2010): Ruthenium bipyridine block copolymer micelles for biomolecule detection.
13. Yongqiang Wen (2008-2009) Gold nanoparticle DNA assemblies – Current Position: Associate Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing China
14. N. Sankaran, Postdoctoral fellow (2006-2007):“ DNA Detection Using Luminescent Polymers” – Current Position: Senior Scientist, General Electric, Bangalore, India
15. Bingzhi Chen, Postdoctoral Fellow (2003-2005): “Functional ROMP Polymers” – Current Position: Senior Scientist, General Electric, New York
16. Nicolas Di Cesare, Postdoctoral Fellow (2002-2003) “Self-Assembly of DNA Nanostructures” – Current Position: Scientist, Research and Development Center, Cascades Inc., Quebec
17. Ignacio Vargas-Baca, Postdoctoral Fellow (1998-2000): “Transition Metal-Linked Oligonucleotides” – Current Position: Associate Professor, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario